GolfTEC vs Franchise Comparison

Below is an in-depth analysis and side-by-side comparison of GolfTEC vs including start-up costs and fees, business experience requirements, training & support and financing options.

Start-Up Costs and Fees

GolfTEC Franchise Franchise
Investment $125,345 - $470,445$6,900
Franchise Fee $17,500 - $35,000N/A
Royalty Fee 5%-
Advertising Fee --
Year Founded 19951981
Year Franchised 20031981
Term Of Agreement 10 years-
Term Of Agreement 10 years-
Renewal Fee $5K-

Business Experience Requirements

GolfTEC Franchise Franchise
  • General business experience
  • -

    Financing Options

    GolfTEC Franchise Franchise
      In-House/3rd PartyIn-House/3rd Party
    Franchise Fees No/No-/-
    Start-up Costs No/No-/-
    Equipment No/Yes-/-
    Inventory No/Yes-/-
    Receivables No/No-/-
    Payroll No/No-/-

    Training & Support

    GolfTEC Franchise Franchise
    Training --
    Support Newsletter, Meetings, Toll-free phone line, Grand opening, Internet, Field operations/evaluations, Purchasing cooperatives-
    Marketing Co-op advertising, Ad slicks, National media, Regional advertising-
    Operations 100% of all franchisees own more than one unit

    Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 5

    Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (40% of current franchisees are owner/operators)


    Expansion Plans

    GolfTEC Franchise Franchise
    US Expansion -Yes
    Canada Expansion No-
    International Expansion YesYes

    Company Overviews

    About GolfTEC

    GolfTEC delivers real, significant tee-to-green skill improvement to golfers of all skill and avidity levels. The combination of patented data-capture technology and personal coaching by a PGA Professional provides a repeatable, fact-based approach. Franchise and corporate GolfTEC Improvement Centers nationwide and in Mexico include both standalone and Golfsmith locations.GolfTEC, the largest golf instruction company in the world based upon locations and lessons given, allows golf professionals and passionate investors an opportunity to pursue golf as business owners. With an estimated U.S. capacity for 325 locations, commitments already have been made for 70% of designated markets (September, 2008). The remaining 30% of markets may offer single or multi-location options based upon size, golf avidity, and seasonality. International markets represent ownership options that include Master Franchise designation with an alternate support package and royalty structure.



    Mini-Golf, Inc. was started in December of 1981, designing courses for every state
    in America to Azerbaijan on the Caspian Sea. From the moment you inquire
    about one of our miniature golf courses, we will help guide you to the course that you want.
    We will draw up a layout to scale based on your hole selections and we won't stop until it is perfect and exactly what you are looking for.
    Throughout the manufacturing process, we will even send you pictures to update you on the progress of your miniature golf course.
    Your mini golf course is completely built here at our manufacturing plant in Jessup, PA.
    The course is easily assembled on your location in less than one day.